Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 VISA - Date issue in Kolkatta Consulate

Hello,

I am currently working in USA and I want to apply H4 Visa for my wife.

I am from Maharastra and nearest consulate for us is Mumbai, Maharashtra.

I read the news on vfs-usa website thats they stop processing H and L categories of VISA in Mumbai Consulate.

My questions:

1) Can my wife go to other consulate in India while Mumbai consulate is not processing H4 visa.

2) If first question answer is YES then why i am not able to see any available date in Kolkatta Consulate for Maharastra Resident.

Example :

I CAN SEE THE AVAILABLE DATE WHEN I SELECT "WEST BENGAL" AS MY STATE OF RESIDENT.

A resident of India/Bhutan - YES
    State of Residence: WEST BENGAL
    Select Language for Interview: HINDI
    Purpose of Travel:Spouse/Child of person working in the USA
    Select Visa Class: H-4 (Spouse / Child of H1 visa holder)
    Have you been refused a visa twice within the last 6-12 months : No
    Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired within the past 12 months : NO

IN ANOTHER SESSION AT THE SAME TIME IF I SELECT "MAHARASTRA" AS MY STATE OF RESIDENT THEN I CAN"T SEE ANY AVAILABLE DATE WHICH I SEEN IN ABOVE EXAMPLE.

A resident of India/Bhutan - YES
    State of Residence: MAHARASTRA
    Select Language for Interview: HINDI
    Purpose of Travel:Spouse/Child of person working in the USA
    Select Visa Class: H-4 (Spouse / Child of H1 visa holder)
    Have you been refused a visa twice within the last 6-12 months : No
    Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired within the past 12 months : NO

The only question i have why Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura and West Bengal resident can see the available date in Kolkata consulate but not able to see state of resident like Goa, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Diu and Daman only when the Interview language is " HINDI". This issue is not apply when you select Interview language is "ENGLISH"

I believe whenever i select resident state Maharastra and Interview language is " HINDI" system just look into Mumbai consulate which is not processing H & L visa right now and not showing date and giving all user date not available error.

This issue is also applicable to Delhi, Hydrabad and chennai consulate.

Delhi Embassy
    states of Bihar, Delhi, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, and the country of Bhutan can see the available date but not maharastra resident.

Chennai Consulate
    states of Karnataka, Kerala, Puducherry, Lakshadweep, Tamil Nadu, and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands can see the available date but not maharastra resident.

Hyderabad consulate.
    States of Andhra Pradesh and Orissa can see the available date but not maharastra resident.

Your response is very important and appreciate if you reply me.

--
    Best Regards

Bill

I understand there is always the date issue. But as you read my post i don't have date issue. Its the consulate and state specific.

Why Delhi resident can see the available date in delhi consulate in HINDI but resident of Maharastra NOT( IN same HINDI at same time in another session )

Why Tamilnadu resident can see the available date in chennai consulate in HINDI but resident of Maharastra NOT( IN same HINDI at same time in another session )

Why West bengal resident can see the available date in Kolkatta consulate in HINDI but resident of Maharastra NOT( IN same HINDI at same time in another session )

Why Andra Pradesh resident can see the available date in Hydrabad consulate in HINDI but resident of Maharastra NOT( IN same HINDI at same time in another session )

You can even try from here
    its strange that same time in another session as soon as you change the resident of Maharastra you can't see available date in HINDI any consulate . and as you change the state of resident to delhi,Tamilnadu, West Bengal or Andra Pradesh you can see the available date in HINDI in respective Consulate.

Try it !!! its seems like system issue...

Comment

I think there is a problem with their Earliest appointment tool. It is showing appointments in Mumbai only for Maharashtra residents and since there are no appointments for H there you don't see any.
      I think the system will allow you to see Hindi appointments at other consulates when you actually go on to make an appointment. Did you try that?
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

kabkaba, you're right..I have never tried it. Let me try and update here.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X