Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 extension with out client letter

Guys,

I searched a lot in the forum but got different answers.

Here is my situation, my visa & petition expires in Sept 2011 and I recently came to US and working for a client at the moment.

My employer is saying that they will apply for extension in July, but he wanted me to check with client to get the client letter.

Client has a policy that they DO NOT give letter to any contractors they asked me to check with my vendor.

So is vendor letter saying that he is working for a client in such and such a location is good enough? or Client letter is a MUST?

My relationship with client is: Client - prime vendor - my H1 employer.

So PO b/w my employer and Vendor + vendor letter saying that he is working for this client (Vendor again not ready to show the PO between him and client)

Please advice.

Client letter is important. Depending on the officer who process your petition, you might or might not get lucky without a client letter. There are many cases where an RFE is issued for a client letter. If the client letter cannot be provided, then the SOW between the client and the vendor can be used.

If you cannot provide the client letter or the SOW between the client and the vendor, then it is pure luck. In such case, get a written letter (or at least an email) from the client stating that they cannot provide a client letter as per their policy. That might help a bit when the vendor letter is provided in place of the client letter.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks.

Let me try my luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X