H1B transfer query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer query

I will be joining a new company A & they are transferring the H1B under normal processing.

1- Can I join the company A once they have the FedEx receipt of submission of documents to USCIS, not the receipt # which USCIS issues ?

2- If I join comp A & the transfer is still in progress, can I join another company B ? IS the transfer possible.

3- what will happen if I join company B & the transfer to company A is rejected ?

4- how long the normal processing may take.

Pls advise.

1- Can I join the company A once they have the FedEx receipt of submission of documents to USCIS, not the receipt # which USCIS issues ?
    >>> Not advisable. Better join Company A only after the H1B approval (or you can get into a tricky situation if the transfer gets rejected later) or at least after receiving the receipt notice from USCIS.

2- If I join comp A & the transfer is still in progress, can I join another company B ? IS the transfer possible.
    >>> Possible. Search and read about bridging in immihelp.

3- what will happen if I join company B & the transfer to company A is rejected ?
    >>> Search and read about the posts related to bridging. If the bridge breaks (Company A's petition getting rejected), then the petition filed as a bridge to it will also get rejected.

4- how long the normal processing may take.
    >>> 2-4 months.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X