H1-B Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B Extension

My H1-B is expires on 30-Sep-2011, currently I am with a client YYYY and the project is will done by the end of July. The current client is willing to give a letter stating this is a ongoing project instead of mentioning the end date. Can I still go ahead and apply for extension with the current Client letter or should I move to a new client and get a letter from them.

Thanks

If you file the extension now and move to a different client later, then your employer will need to file a new LCA and do an H1B amendment. If your extension is filed for the current client location and if there is a site visit by USCIS in August and if they figure out that you no longer work there, then they will immediately revoke your H1B and flag you which will cause issues with future petitions.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for Shervin, I talked to my employer and I was advised that they shall do the premium processing so that I can get the approval before my project expires. In such cases will there be a problem if I move to a new client after the approval and what actions should be taken from employer in this situation

Comment

I have already addressed this in my previous reply. You will need an H1B amendment when you change the work location. Check the below link.
        https://www.immihelp.com/h1b-petition-amendment/

Originally posted by poragadu View Post
        Thanks for Shervin, I talked to my employer and I was advised that they shall do the premium processing so that I can get the approval before my project expires. In such cases will there be a problem if I move to a new client after the approval and what actions should be taken from employer in this situation
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X