Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling to India Need suggestions

hi all,
    need little bit of suggestion. I am planning to go to india in july 1st week and come back in july 3rd week.
    below is my situation. suggest me whether i can travel
    1. came to US on f1 in 2005(visa vallied till may 2010) applied h1 in 2008 (started in oct-2008).
    2. went to india in nov 2008 did my stamping for H1(valid till sep-2011), while i was in india my h1 is revoked by my employer.
    3. came to US on F1 (did not go for stamping again as F1 visa was valid) in January 2010 to do Masters from different school. Used the old f1 visa which is valid untill may 2010.
    4. Completed the Masters and got a new job from new employer and applied for H1 in dec-2010 again and it got approved valid from jan-2011 till dec 2012.

My question is whether i can used the old H1 stamping (which i got it stamped in Oct-2008) carrying new I-797 from a different employer to renter to US without going for stamping for H1 in India.

Your inputs are highly appreciated.

Yes.

Originally posted by saber View Post
    My question is whether i can used the old H1 stamping (which i got it stamped in Oct-2008) carrying new I-797 from a different employer to renter to US without going for stamping for H1 in India.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

thanks for the immediate reply sherwin.
      is there any source or document issued by the USCIS pertaining to my case in order to make sure i safely enter in US without any problem at the port of entry.

Comment

There should be. Search the USCIS website. Read the FAQ in immihelp and search an read the experiences posted by others.

Originally posted by saber View Post
        thanks for the immediate reply sherwin.
        is there any source or document issued by the USCIS pertaining to my case in order to make sure i safely enter in US without any problem at the port of entry.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X