1797-b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1797-b

I came to US via h1b for company A and my h1b visa is valid till july 2011(I94 also valid till this date) for company A.
    I changed to company B in Nov 2010 and applied it applied for transfer. I got it approved but got 1797-B in April 2011 and the 1797-B is valid till May 2012.

Please let me know what are the options I have.

Can my company apply for for fresh transfer in premium processing or i have to go to India and get the visa stamped.

Leave the country immediately and return back with your current company's approval notice. If you still have a valid H1B visa stamped in your passport (irrespective of which company it is stamped for), then you can use that to re-enter. Otherwise you need to get the H1B stamped again to return back.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I have visa stamped in my passport. & I have valid 194 till july 2011 for company A. does that means i have time till july 2011 to leave the country

Comment

You need to leave immediately. You are not authorized to work for Company B unless you get an I-94 that is associated to Company B. The only way to get it now is to leave the country and returning back with Company B's approval notice. You will get a new I-94 at the POE that is associated to Company B's petition.

Originally posted by Diliprajgor View Post
        I have visa stamped in my passport. & I have valid 194 till july 2011 for company A. does that means i have time till july 2011 to leave the country
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X