Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Time to Contracting --H1 Transfer Help

Hi All,
    I am working full time in an MNC but the company is not ready to start my GC and I have only 2 years left on H1B. I am seriously considering contracting so that I can get GC started. I have few questions and will really appreciate a response from senior members (preferably those who have made a successful transition from FT to Contracting) :
    1. With the new H1B memo, is it possible to get more than one year extension if the purchase order is of only one year?
    2. Is there any way to guarantee 2 years extension (only 2 yrs left in my H1), if the client letter says something like, “the project may be extended beyond 12 months”?
    3. Is any gig with more than one layer (or even one layer) between client and my employer a red flag for H1B transfer? For example- Can the chain below result in RFEs
    My employer--->Vendor A--->Vendor B --->Vendor C--->Direct Client

Thank you very much for your time.
    Regards

1. With the new H1B memo, is it possible to get more than one year extension if the purchase order is of only one year?
    >>> It depends on your luck. These days the H1B extension is granted only till the projected project duration.

2. Is there any way to guarantee 2 years extension (only 2 yrs left in my H1), if the client letter says something like, “the project may be extended beyond 12 months”?
    >>> Read answer 1. Unless you can show a client letter that states you have a project for 24 months, there is no guarantee to get an extension for 2 years.

3. Is any gig with more than one layer (or even one layer) between client and my employer a red flag for H1B transfer? For example- Can the chain below result in RFEs
    My employer--->Vendor A--->Vendor B --->Vendor C--->Direct Client
    >>> Ideal modal is working directly for the employer or to work for an employer who has a direct client. Even if your petition gets approved, you may face a lot of issues when you go for stamping with so many layers inbetween.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X