Passport delay at Hyderabad consulate after successfull stamping interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport delay at Hyderabad consulate after successfull stamping interview

I had an H1B stamping interview on May 9th and my H-1B visa is approved on May 9th but I am still waiting for my passport. VFS status still shows that "Your passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate if your visa has been approved.".

Is there anyone else in the same boat? Little concerned about it as it is more than a week now.

It can take up to 10-12 days. If you don't receive it by then, then there are possibilities that your case went into admin processing after the visa interview. But it is too early to get to that conclusion. Wait for another 3-4 days.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Can you please tell me what all the quries which you were asked at the time of your interview?

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
        It can take up to 10-12 days. If you don't receive it by then, then there are possibilities that your case went into admin processing after the visa interview. But it is too early to get to that conclusion. Wait for another 3-4 days.
        If it should have been admin processing, visa officer had given me 221g right away. I am hearing lot of delay recently in hyderabad consulate after successfull stamping. Have you heard of any case like this and then given 221g afterwards? I was searching all the forums but no luck in finding this type of case.

Comment

There are cases where the application went into admin processing after a successful visa interview. Search immihelp you will definitely find those threads. Like I said, this could be a delay in handing over the stamped passports to the VFS by the consulate. Just give it a little more time.

Originally posted by garyshah View Post
          If it should have been admin processing, visa officer had given me 221g right away. I am hearing lot of delay recently in hyderabad consulate after successfull stamping. Have you heard of any case like this and then given 221g afterwards? I was searching all the forums but no luck in finding this type of case.

Comment

Similar situation at Delhi

I am also in a similar situation. I had gone to Delhi Consulate for my visa interview on May 11th. The VO said "Your visa is approved, you will get your passport within 4 days" and its been 8 days now. Not sure if it went into Admin processing

Comment

There are cases where the application went into admin processing after a successful visa interview. Search immihelp you will definitely find those threads. Like I said, this could be a delay in handing over the stamped passports to the VFS by the consulate. Just give it a little more time.

Shervin,

Can you please share the links of threads where the application went into admin processing after sucessfull visa stamping? I am having hard time finding those forums. Tried all possible ways but no luck.

Comment

Shervin,

Can you please share the links of threads where the application went into admin processing after sucessfull visa stamping? I am having hard time finding those forums. Tried all possible ways but no luck.
                Shervin,

Were you able to find any links for this by any chance?

Comment

I know there are posts related to 221g after a successful visa interview. But really I don't have the time to search. Search for the posts related to "admin process" and you should find it. It should be 2 - 4 months old.

Shervin,

Were you able to find any links for this by any chance?

Comment

I know there are posts related to 221g after a successful visa interview. But really I don't have the time to search. Search for the posts related to "admin process" and you should find it. It should be 2 - 4 months old.
                    Okay!

Comment

In my friend's recent experience the consular officer just told him to go. There was no indication of whether the visa was granted (although they kept the passport), did they specifically tell you that visa was granted?
                      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Approved but Waiting

In my case, VO specifically said "Thank you sir, your visa has been approved. You will receive the Passport within 4 days."

I have been calling the VFS and that does not help. I contacted my immigration lawyer, and he has told me to wait. According to him the Consulate does not entertain any queries before 30 days.

Comment

You can send an email to the consulate. Do you work in a consulting position?

Comment

Change in Passport Tracking message

I did send an email to infoUSDelhi but a VFS guy replied to it, saying "Ur passport is still with the Consulate". So its just like calling them up.

The message on the "Track your Passport" Link on the VFS site changed from "Your Visa is under process at the US embassy/consulate, if your visa has been approved" to "Your Visa is under process at the US embassy/consulate". Not sure if it makes any difference, good/bad...

Comment

Email the consulate not VFS.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X