Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Restamping Question

Hello Friends,

I came here(US) in 2007 with H1B visa and my wife with H4. My first visa expired on OCT-2009. I got extension up to OCT-2012. I am working on couple of in house projects, my company provide non computer related services to their customer. My I-140 is approved and my job position is secure. My visa is valid but visa stamp on passport is expired, so I need restamping on my passport.

We want to visit India in November-2011 but after reading bad experience from people on my forums - I am afraid what to do.

Here are my questions, please answer:

1) I worked fulltime with single company for last 5 years. I have all the documents like W2, all paystubs etc. Is there any chance to get rejection or administrative processing?
    2) Which consulate is better ? Last time I visited Mumbai but right now it is closed for renovation.
    3) Can I go to Canada / Maxico for stamping? Is it any helpful or home country is better.

I have strong filling that I will get re-stamp easily because I am not working for consultant company or for any client. Some one told me that many people are getting administrative processing because of they are working for consultant company, is it true? I was very confident before reading all these forums but now I am confused. Please try to help me.

1) I worked fulltime with single company for last 5 years. I have all the documents like W2, all paystubs etc. Is there any chance to get rejection or administrative processing?
    >>> Possible. Admin processing is done for so many other reason. Not just for W2 or employment verification.

2) Which consulate is better ? Last time I visited Mumbai but right now it is closed for renovation.
    >>> As long as you have all the required documents, you can attend the visa interview at any U.S consulate. Just from the experinces posted by people in this forum, there are less 221g from other consulates compared to New Delhi. I would probably recommend Chennai if you want to do the stamping in India.

3) Can I go to Canada / Maxico for stamping? Is it any helpful or home country is better.
    >>> Yes. You can go to Canade or Mexico.

I have strong filling that I will get re-stamp easily because I am not working for consultant company or for any client. Some one told me that many people are getting administrative processing because of they are working for consultant company, is it true? I was very confident before reading all these forums but now I am confused. Please try to help me.
    >>> It is true to an extend. There are more 221g cases on applicants who work consultancy companies (@ client location) compared to direct employment.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X