Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b with new employer after 221g denial & H4

Hi,

I am on H4 since last 2 months after getting a 221g denial in India.
    My H1 was set to expire Dec 2011 completing 6 years. The denial/cancellation of H1 is effective since early April 2011.

Also, my employer has my current I-140.

Should I go back with the same employer? Is it too risky with the same employer that my H1 application or COS might get rejected?

If I chose to go with a new employer , can I get extension on my H1B even though my previous employer is carrying on my GC/I-140 process right now?

Please advise?
    Thanks a lot!!!

Should I go back with the same employer? Is it too risky with the same employer that my H1 application or COS might get rejected?
    >>> You can go back to the previous employer. Many people have done this successfully. If the COS gets rejected, then you can find a new employer.

If I chose to go with a new employer , can I get extension on my H1B even though my previous employer is carrying on my GC/I-140 process right now?
    >>> It is possible if the I-140 is not cancelled by your current employer. You will need a copy of the I-140 approval notice to file an extension beyond the 6th year.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Re

So, I can seek a new employer (as backup) now and once H1B is filed and approved then nearing the deadline, I get a copy of the approved and un-cancelled I-140 from my previous employer and file for an extension?

And in the meanwhile my Green Card process stays unaffected with my previous employer as long as the I-140 is not cancelled??

Thanks again shervin143!!
      You have been of great help!

Comment

So, I can seek a new employer (as backup) now and once H1B is filed and approved then nearing the deadline, I get a copy of the approved and un-cancelled I-140 from my previous employer and file for an extension?
        >>> Yes.

And in the meanwhile my Green Card process stays unaffected with my previous employer as long as the I-140 is not cancelled??
        >>> GC is for future employment. The employer can continue your GC process even if you are not currently employed with them.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Re

Thanks again!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X