Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H3 I-94 Travel Restrictions

Hi everybody,

Originally I came to the US with a B1/B2 visa and then applied for an H3 from within the US. Now I got my I-94 H3, which is valid for two years. But I wonder if I'm allowed to travel outside the US.

Somebody told me that if I leave the country, I will loose my I-94 H3, and need to apply for it again, because I got it while being in the US.

Thanks for the help...

When you leave the country you need to return all the I-94s that you hold. You will need a valid H3 visa to re-enter U.S. For that, you need to fill form DS-160 and take an appointment at the U.S consulate at your home country. Upon approval of the visa, you can re-enter U.S in H3 status. On your return, you will get a new I-94 at the POE.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you very much for your help. Do I need to do that every time I leave the country? Or once I get an H3 Visa from my home country I'm free to travel?

Thanks

Comment

Once you get H3 visa you can travel up to the validity of that visa (which will probably be according to your current petition (I-94))
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Visa is a required entry document to U.S. As long as the H3 visa remains valid, you can exit and re-enter any number of times. Every time you leave the country, return your I-94 and upon return, you will get a new I-94.

Originally posted by nau310d View Post
          Thank you very much for your help. Do I need to do that every time I leave the country? Or once I get an H3 Visa from my home country I'm free to travel?

Thanks
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I think I have a clearer idea, thanks...

This is what one of my friends told me when I told her I want to go back and apply for a new H3 visa from my home country, can anybody confirm?:

"If you leave the country now, you will not be permitted into the U.S for 6 months to one year. Then you still need to apply for your visa again and this time you will have to pay double the fee. $325 for your application and $325 for the companies application. The condition for applying outside of the U.S requires both the company and the individual to make separate applications one after the other, which will take a total of 4-8months.

Also, you will need to write up an explanation as to why you left on your H3 visa and are applying for it again."

Thank you, you are very helpful...finding out these things on ones own is a disaster...

Comment

hiii

I have a question guys. do you have a sample letter of there is no same trainee available at home? if you have and if u can share it i will appreciate so much. I need one urgent.
              thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X