Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7th year extension

HI all,

I filed PERM for green card on May 17, 2010.

In Feb 2011, I applied for extension to get my last 4 months of 6 years in US. I got RFE in April whose response was accepted by USCIS on 17th May 2011 (exactly 1 year after PERM was filed). Along with a response to RFE, my employer upgraded the process to premium processing. My employer claims that we can now file 7th year extension on the basis of this scenario (since 1 year is over after labor application), even though 6th year extension decision is still pending. I can’t wait for the decision because my 6 years will get over in next 5 days – June 1 to be precise.

Is it possible for me to apply 7th extension like this or is there any other possible way to apply it?

I will appreciate your inputs ASAP as I have to take some action.

Thanks.

Possible. Search an read about the posts related to "bridging". If the first pending petition gets denied, then the bridge will break and the 2nd one will also get rejected.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for your reply. I have searched about it and there is a provision of bridging which can be applied to my case as well. So can I put it like this...If my 6th year extension is approved and they give me the receipt number for my 7th year extension application, I am pretty much in good scenario.

My 7th year has already been filed yesterday and 6th year decision is still pending.

Please correct me if I am wrong...

Comment

Both the petitions need to get approved. Your 7th year extension is filed based on the pending 6th year extension. If the 6th year extension is denied, automatically the 7th year extension will also get denied since the bridge breaks. Since your 6th year extension is upgraded to premium you should know the result within 15 days.

Originally posted by immireader View Post
        Thanks for your reply. I have searched about it and there is a provision of bridging which can be applied to my case as well. So can I put it like this...If my 6th year extension is approved and they give me the receipt number for my 7th year extension application, I am pretty much in good scenario.

My 7th year has already been filed yesterday and 6th year decision is still pending.

Please correct me if I am wrong...
        Last edited by shervin143; 05-27-2011, 03:12 PM.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X