Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First H1B Visa application from UK

Hi ,

I am from India, My H1B petition is approved and I have to go for stamping now .Presently I am in UK from 15th Jan 2011 still working for Indian company on onsite assignment , will be here till December 2011 .

Can I go US consulate in UK for H1B stamping ?

If yes , do I need to carry any special documents as I am attending in a 3rd country ?

please let me know the details .

Regards,
    sriram

You can in principle apply for your visa in UK. You may be asked to provide documents showing your legal status in the UK.
    In general, if this is a consulting type position, it will receive a lot of scrutiny and unless your employer provides you proof that they have a project waiting for you, your visa may be denied. This is irrespective of where you apply.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Hi ,

Thanks for the quick reply , you mean because my H1B job offer could be consulting type , thats why my VISA may be denied ?

also I am going for stamping amost immediately they approved my petetion so the USICS might have taken the decision taking all these into consideration right , why the VO will deny it .

Regards,
      Sriram

Comment

Like above, it is advisable to carry proof from your employer that they have a project waiting for you. Read other similar threads.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

I am in a similar situation.

What proof from an employer should one carry for the Stamping Interview?

Just a Client Letter should be enough? Kindly suggest.

Comment

1) Employment verification letter
            2) Client letter (If you will be working at the client place)
            3) Letter from the Vendor and the SOW between the Vendor & the Client (If there is a vendor between your employer and the client).
            4) If you are working at the client location, then it is advisable to carry proof that your employer has the complete control over you (Employer - employee relationship). Example: Documents/emails related to status updates, performance review documents etc.

Originally posted by fundo_h1b View Post
            I am in a similar situation.

What proof from an employer should one carry for the Stamping Interview?

Just a Client Letter should be enough? Kindly suggest.
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi ,

I attended for H1B stamping on 17th June 2011 at london embassy.

First VO said VISA is approved and gave courier form,after 10 min while I was abot to pay courier fee, called back and said they need more clarification,after 1 hr another VO interviewd me answered all the questions and submitted document evidence for all the questions .at the end they said they need some more time and returned passports .no 221 G , no slip .

what is the status of my case ?

Regards,
              Sriram

Comment

Administrative processing.

Originally posted by sriram_H1B View Post
                Hi ,

I attended for H1B stamping on 17th June 2011 at london embassy.

First VO said VISA is approved and gave courier form,after 10 min while I was abot to pay courier fee, called back and said they need more clarification,after 1 hr another VO interviewd me answered all the questions and submitted document evidence for all the questions .at the end they said they need some more time and returned passports .no 221 G , no slip .

what is the status of my case ?

Regards,
                Sriram
                Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply Shervin

Comment

@Sriram

Did you get any way to track your application? Generally VO provides a batch number to track the status from the Consulate Website. I am in London as well and need to arrange for an interview. Not sure how it will go.

Comment

ya , I know that , but I did not get any slip so did not get any batch number , waiting from consulate .

Comment

What is your employment model, E or EC or EVC? American or Desi employer? Do you have Masters Degree? From where? Is it your first time for Stamping or Have you been to US earlier as well?

Thanks,

Comment

@Sriram,

Any update from the consulate?

Comment

No update till now

Comment

Any updates from the consulate? I believe people generally hear back in a month's time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X