Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa stamping Hyderabad 221 g blue slip

Friends,

Today, 7th June 2011, I along with my family, appeared for H1B visa interview at U.S. consulate at Hyderabad, India. I was given blue slip under section 221(g).

I was informed by the interviewing officer that as per their system, my petition has been revoked by my Employer; WHAT THE #$%^&*!. I landed few days ago and am working from India during US hours. I have been advised by officer to provide necessary documentation from my company to prove validity of the petition. I showed her the latest I-797 and complete paper docket that shows validity up to 10-1-2013 but her decision remain unchanged.

Meanwhile, I have been advised to cancel my end of June return flight ticket to USA since there is no guarantee that my visa will be granted within specific time frame; it may take anything between few weeks to months.

I have reached out to my company immigration HR as well as the law firm. Whatever the outcome is - we will end up with at least two extra trips to Hyderabad since Mumbai has stopped processing H and L visa. It's a draining drill, mentally, physically and financially to travel from Mumbai to Hyderabad and back. Not to mention my three week vacation will be gone PUFF chasing the visa.

FYI...
    I am direct full time employee with fortune 500 company that has hired one of the top 10 law firms in market. It's not a client vendor model.

Not once, not twice, but I ask you guys to think a 1000nd time before going for visa stamping.

I don't mean to be pessimistic but I am trying to say avoid your trip if you can. However, some daredevils will say the other way and I am fine with it. I shared the same thought too but now I am weighing in the repurcussions; tangible and intangible. Just so, it's not even 24 hours since this ordeal began, but I have started getting support from my colleagues and friends who are ready to help to whatever extent they can.

HI Bhatt,
    I attended for H1 @ hyd on 25th April and was given 221G and i have been waiting for updates on the same . so far no development . Wish you good luck .

Comment

Reason for blue slip

Originally posted by praki View Post
      HI Bhatt,
      I attended for H1 @ hyd on 25th April and was given 221G and i have been waiting for updates on the same . so far no development . Wish you good luck .
      Hey Praki,

Sad to know that there is not development so far. Can you tell me the reason mentioned on the 221 g? Also, what model do you work, direct employee or client vendor model?

My updates so far -
      I tried to see status of my case online but it says there's no such case #. I guess someone needs to enter into the system. It so frustrating that even with modern technology, it's taking such a long time.
      BTW, my Attorney submitted all documents by email to vfs on 10th June. I have been advised by my Attorney to keep watching for updates online until 20th June. If there's no update by 20th June then they will reach out to consulate; I am not sure how they will do it. Well! who cares as long as my Attorney gets it done.

bhatt

Comment

I am stumped...

Guys,
        I just got response from US Consulate
        ========
        Dear Mr. XYZ:

We must inform you that your case was refused under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). Essentially, this section states that a visa cannot be issued to anyone whose application does not appear to the Consular officer to meet the requirements of the INA or of the regulations there under.

Based on the documents submitted by you and the information elicited in your visa interview with a Consular officer, we were not able to issue you an H-1B temporary work visa, because your petition shows up as revoked. We thoroughly cross-checked with the Petition Information Management System (PIMS) database and as of today, your H-1B petition filed by YYYY CORP with DHS petition number EAC YYYY YYYY ZZZ (Validity from 02-OCT-2010 to 01-OCT-2013) shows as REVOKED-Automatic in the PIMS database. You can contact USCIS for a case status update, as USCIS will have to make a determination on whether or not to reaffirm your petition.

We requested you to scan and send us copies of your new petition (I-797 and I-129, if any). We were actually waiting for you to send it to us via email
        ==========
        This is absurd as I have been with this company since Oct 2007 and have never been out of status. I have forwarded this email to my Attorney and company HR Immigration. I am still working for my company during this graveyard shift and luckily still getting paid while PIMS reads petition as REVOKED

Does above refusal mean that if my company gets the USCIS case update, I will have to pay for visa fees again and start all over or I can continue with my current case once USCIS updates their system?

Any thoughts based on educated guess, references or personal experience...

it's me

Comment

Unless the consulate or the employer asked USCIS to revoke the petition, then petition will remain valid until its expiry date. Not sure how your petition got revoked. Ask your company attorney to contact USCIS. If the petition is revoked, then they will have to file it again and upon approval, you can attend the visa interview. If not, then contact VFS helpdesk to see if they can be of any assistance.

Originally posted by ndbhatt View Post
          Guys,
          I just got response from US Consulate
          ========
          Dear Mr. XYZ:

We must inform you that your case was refused under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). Essentially, this section states that a visa cannot be issued to anyone whose application does not appear to the Consular officer to meet the requirements of the INA or of the regulations there under.

Based on the documents submitted by you and the information elicited in your visa interview with a Consular officer, we were not able to issue you an H-1B temporary work visa, because your petition shows up as revoked. We thoroughly cross-checked with the Petition Information Management System (PIMS) database and as of today, your H-1B petition filed by YYYY CORP with DHS petition number EAC YYYY YYYY ZZZ (Validity from 02-OCT-2010 to 01-OCT-2013) shows as REVOKED-Automatic in the PIMS database. You can contact USCIS for a case status update, as USCIS will have to make a determination on whether or not to reaffirm your petition.

We requested you to scan and send us copies of your new petition (I-797 and I-129, if any). We were actually waiting for you to send it to us via email
          ==========
          This is absurd as I have been with this company since Oct 2007 and have never been out of status. I have forwarded this email to my Attorney and company HR Immigration. I am still working for my company during this graveyard shift and luckily still getting paid while PIMS reads petition as REVOKED

Does above refusal mean that if my company gets the USCIS case update, I will have to pay for visa fees again and start all over or I can continue with my current case once USCIS updates their system?

Any thoughts based on educated guess, references or personal experience...

it's me
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Who revoked my petition???

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
            Unless the consulate or the employer asked USCIS to revoke the petition, then petition will remain valid until its expiry date. Not sure how your petition got revoked. Ask your company attorney to contact USCIS. If the petition is revoked, then they will have to file it again and upon approval, you can attend the visa interview. If not, then contact VFS helpdesk to see if they can be of any assistance.
            Shervin,
            My Attorney and company HR confirmed that nobody has sent any communication regarding my petition revocation neither from my company nor from my Attorney office. Consulate officer informed me that the system shows that my petition shows REVOKED-Automatic in the PIMS database. If no one revoked my petition who has done this
            It could be fat finger at work while revoking someone else's petition, mine got revoked. Is there anyway to find who revoked it, when and why? As per my Attorney, my company isn't yet inclined to file for my new petition since it is too early and are pursuing some other options; not sure what those options are.

Funny thing is when my Attorney opened a SR and spoke to the agent about my petition status; reply was it is still approved and valid. Unfortunately, there is nothing they can do any further. KCC might have erroneously entered it revoked.
            Last edited by ndbhatt; 07-12-2011, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Possible and if so, it is very unfortunate. It is very hard to predict what might have went wrong. Ask your employer/company attorney to take an infopass appointment with USCIS to discuss the case. Or the company should file a new petition and when that gets approved, you can attend the visa interview again.

Originally posted by ndbhatt View Post
              Shervin,
              My Attorney and company HR confirmed that nobody has sent any communication regarding my petition revocation neither from my company nor from my Attorney office. Consulate officer informed me that the system shows that my petition shows REVOKED-Automatic in the PIMS database. If no one revoked my petition who has done this
              It could be fat finger at work while revoking someone else's petition, mine got revoked. Is there anyway to find who revoked it, when and why? As per my Attorney, my company isn't yet inclined to file for my new petition since it is too early and are pursuing some other options; not sure what those options are.

Funny thing is when my Attorney opened a SR and spoke to the agent about my petition status; reply was it is still approved and valid. Unfortunately, there is nothing they can do any further. KCC might have erroneously entered it revoked.
              Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi Bhat, Inbetween the employement have you made any attempts to transfer the H1 ?

for me he has not asked any docs , just a additional administration was ticked . i have been waiting for a mail from consulate . Not sure how long does it take .

Wish you all the best .

Comment

Not sure if I got it right

Originally posted by praki View Post
                  Hi Bhat, Inbetween the employement have you made any attempts to transfer the H1 ?

for me he has not asked any docs , just a additional administration was ticked . i have been waiting for a mail from consulate . Not sure how long does it take .

Wish you all the best .
                  Praki,
                  I work for fortune 200 company and am happy with them. If your question is - is this my first H1B employer, then answer is No. This is my 3rd H1B petitioner/employer. I trust my company and its law firm to take care of my case.
                  Maybe, its nature of my job, I always ask the reason of anything happening; at least most times, when it is necessary. Did you ask why additional administration was required and its specifics? Can you give details about your employment model?

bhattji

Comment

One more baby step...

My case inched a little further...
                    My Attorney was able to get the PIMS system updated with correct status of the approved petition; meaning, now the PIMS correctly shows my petition in approved status.

Last Friday, I received an email to submit our passports to VFS in Hyderabad. I submitted all our passports on 18th July with a plan to stay put until I got them stamped; usually it takes 2-3 business days. However, as of today my passport status on VFS site still reads "Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate."

Since I am a resident of Mumbai, I have to stay in a hotel to collect passport in-person. Collecting stamped passport at VFS is just a last ditched attempt to avoid rescheduling of my return trip for the second time. I will wait until tomorrow for our passports. My return trip this weekend seems to be in jeopardy due to the delay in H1B visa stamping. If I don't get passports tomorrow, I am heading back home and will reschedule my US return trip for the second time. Everytime I do this, I hear airlines coffer go cha.. ching...

I am really frustrated due to this whole visa stamping process.

bhattji

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X