Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong Company Name printed on H4 Visa

Hi,

I'm on H1B and work for YYYY company. My company was known as YYY some time back.

Recently my wife attended H4 interview and got it stamped, but with Company Name as YYY. But it should be ZZZ.

In my documentation YYYY has been mentioned (on my Visa, LCA and I797). Can anyone please help me on how to proceed?

Thanks in advance.

Company name on the H4 visa should not matter. As long as the H4 visa is valid, your spouse should be able to enter U.S with your latest H1B approval notice.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you very much Shervin.
      But in my documentation the old company name is not available. And at port of entry does they ask about the company name mismatching in my wife's passport and in my I797? In case if they ask can my wife tell them to call my employer? Please suggest..

We sent my wife's passport along with my documents to the consulate through VFS (by requesting the company name change). But the consulate people returned the passport after one day without making the change in her passport and didn't mention any thing whether she can proceed with this or not..

Thanks in advance.
      Last edited by rohit505; 06-13-2011, 06:22 PM.

Comment

You are getting paranoid over nothing. The employer name in the visa doesn't mean anything. Read the FAQ section of immihelp. Even the H1B holder, after changing the employer, can use the old visa to travle (if it is active) along with the approval notice from the current employer. H4 is not associated to any of your employers. As long as you are in valid H1B status, your dependents should be able to travel with the existing valid H4 visa as long as they carry your latest approval notice and other documents that can prove your empoyment and relationship.

Originally posted by rohit505 View Post
        But in my documentation the old company name is not available. And at port of entry does they ask about the company name mismatching in my wife's passport and in my I797? In case if they ask can my wife tell them to call my employer? Please suggest..

We sent my wife's passport along with my documents to the consulate through VFS (by requesting the company name change). But the consulate people returned the passport after one day without making the change in her passport and didn't mention any thing whether she can proceed with this or not..

Thanks in advance.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you very much Shervin..

Comment

same issue

Originally posted by rohit505 View Post

Thanks in advance.
            Hi,

I had the same issue could u plz suggest me what to do.Did u had any problem during port of entry.

thanks in advance

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X