Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1B Visa who bought a property

Hi everybody,
    I hold an H-1B visa. I was just laid off so I'm looking for a sponsor to transfer my visa. I have just a short time in order to do the transfer. However, I heard that if a person that holds a H-1B visa and bought a property in the USA will have 1 year period of grace in order to find a new job. IS THAT TRUE? Thanks for your input on this matter.
    Veronica

There is no such grace period. Your immigration status has nothing to do with you buying a property. When you are in H1B status, you need to be working and getting paid. If you are laid off, then you are out of status on H1B. Try to find a sponsor who can transfer your H1B as soon as possible. Without latest payslips, the chances of a successful transfer is very less.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks so much for your kind answer.

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      There is no such grace period. Your immigration status has nothing to do with you buying a property. When you are in H1B status, you need to be working and getting paid. If you are laid off, then you are out of status on H1B. Try to find a sponsor who can transfer your H1B as soon as possible. Without latest payslips, the chances of a successful transfer is very less.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X