Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the current time frame for H1B Premium Processing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the current time frame for H1B Premium Processing?

hi,

I have applied for my H1 transfer 2 weeks back in premium. I immediately received an email acknowledging the receipt of my petition and it said I should get a response with in 15 calendar days (don't know whether they mean 15 business days ?). Since I applied which is already 2 weeks I just see the status as "Acceptance" and it hasn't changed.

Can anyone tell whats the current h1b premium processing time frame? It would be of immense help to me.

Thanks

It is 15 calendar days from the receipt notice date. Your employer should hear back soon.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Is it a commitment given by USCIS?

As I mentioned it has been 15 calendar days and still my employer havnt heard back. I am still waiting.

Is there a commitment given by USCIS that they will respond back within 15 calendar days for premium processing?

Or it is on an average 15days is the response time for premium processing?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Ask your employer whether the check for the premium processing has been already cashed or not. USCIS will take a decision on the premium processing cases within 15 calender days from the date of the receipt notice. There is NO commitment given by USCIS to take a decision within 15 days just because you requested for premium process. They usually respond back within 15 days for premium procesisng cases. If they cannot (for any given reason), then they will refund the premium processing amount back.

Originally posted by akhashr View Post
        As I mentioned it has been 15 calendar days and still my employer havnt heard back. I am still waiting.

Is there a commitment given by USCIS that they will respond back within 15 calendar days for premium processing?

Or it is on an average 15days is the response time for premium processing?

Thanks in advance
        Last edited by shervin143; 06-08-2011, 04:36 PM.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
          It is 15 calendar days from the receipt notice date. Your employer should hear back soon.
          The email that your employer received will state the date on which USCIS received their petition. It will be 15 days from that date. If an RFE is issued the 15 day clock stops and is reset whenever your employer's response is received by USCIS. If a decision is not made in 15 days, USCIS will refund the PP fee.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks guys. Let me check with my employer regarding the premium fee being cashed.

Comment

Hey,
              When did get it? Did it come after 15 days and what was the reason USCIS provided? What was the online status during the process.
              I am waiting 13 days and getting nervous.
              Thanks for your response.
              S

Comment

If you have the receipt number, you can check the status online. In my case the visa was processed in 16 days

Comment

Any update on what happend?

Hi what happened to your case finally?

My case is in premium process and today is 20th day but still status shows acceptance, legal said they have not heard anything back, my check for premium was cleared though, please advise if anything fishy....i am eagerly waiting

Kishore

Comment

Originally posted by kishoreaca View Post
                    Hi what happened to your case finally?

My case is in premium process and today is 20th day but still status shows acceptance, legal said they have not heard anything back, my check for premium was cleared though, please advise if anything fishy....i am eagerly waiting

Kishore
                    @Kishore :: Did you get any update for your case. Mine is also in same state.

Comment

Originally posted by rv04071 View Post
                      @Kishore :: Did you get any update for your case. Mine is also in same state.
                      Same boat here.
                      15 days over. Still RFE acceptance status.

Comment

H1B premium processing time for Extension

Hello ;

My employer has been applied for H1B extension on OCT 18th in regular process and It does get approved and then , It has applied in premium process on Jan 25th
                        and we got status update like "Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Emailed" on Feb 1st 2016.
                        But , It is still showing same status. As per my understanding , USCIS should take decision on or before 15 days after receive the notification ? Am i correct ?

Please me know , Why it is taking very long time ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X