Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B -221g pink with additional processing

All,

I had my h1b stamping at kolkata consulate on 27th May and which turend out to be on 221g pink

slip.

I had given my passport along with all the required docs like vendor/client letters etc.

Vo said that they need some time for reviewing my case and gave me the 221G pink slip. no

additional docs has been asked. she has put a check mark on 221g which says "requires

additional processing".

Did anyone got the same isuue with h1b stamping? Or anyone got idea of how long will such

cases take to reach conclusion.

Many Thanks.

No one can predict when the 221g will get cleared as it is case by case basis. You are not alone. Follow these threads.

http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83430
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

221g pink slip kolkata

I also got 221g pink slip in Kokata on 13 may. Addtional processing was ticked int he pink slip and didn't ask for any more documents. Mine was H1B renewal. I am in E-V-C model. Still waiting for the response from the consulate.
      I am was interviewed by a lady officer.

What is the status of your case?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi PXD

Still no updates on my case.

Did you get any reply from consulate.

Would you like to share your contact details to keep in touch with you.

Comment

Pink slip 221(g) at Kolkata US Consulate

Dear All,

I had my interview in late May for h1B visa stamping, but was given a pink slip for 221g additional processing. I am still waiting for any good news. One question, did they keep your passports and originals or were they returned after the interview? And was any reason given at the time of the ionterview for the pink slip?

Comment

Hi hope777 & D_VisaUser,

I can be reached at guyfromkol@gmail dot com

Please send me your contact details so that we all can keep in touch with each other.

@hope777 - They returned my passport.

Comment

Hi guys you could reach me : [email protected]

Keep in touch and update about the staus.

good luck.

Comment

h1b pending additional processing

hi guys,
                i went for the interview yesterday and was given the pink slip stating administrative processing . i work as a doctor in the usa. i have been working there for more than a year now and came to india for stamping. they have the passport with them and didnt ask any additional documents

is there any way we can request to expedite the process as i will be off cycle for my residency if there is further delay.

i have read online that contacting them may delay the process even more.
                iam confused.

please advise

Comment

Unfortunately there is no way to expedite the process.

Originally posted by hawksting View Post
                  hi guys,
                  i went for the interview yesterday and was given the pink slip stating administrative processing . i work as a doctor in the usa. i have been working there for more than a year now and came to india for stamping. they have the passport with them and didnt ask any additional documents

is there any way we can request to expedite the process as i will be off cycle for my residency if there is further delay.

i have read online that contacting them may delay the process even more.
                  iam confused.

please advise

Comment

Shervin143, Is 221g process differ from consulate to consulate? Coz in my case, I am having valid B1 from Mumbai (Got it last year Apr 2010) without any problem. But as Mumbai Consulate is closed for H and L cases, I opted for Kol consulate for my L1A. VO was really nice and even congratulated me "Your Visa is approved" and then he waited for a min and said, sorry, your visa is almost approved but we need to do more administrative processing for your case and handed over pink slip. But he stamped my 794/visa forms saying visa approved till Apr 2014. But then from window 1, they handed over my passport.

I am wondering if my muslim name is more BGC then why not that happened for my all previous visas and only now? I am actually clueless.

You have any insights on this whole 221g?

Thanks,
                    Farajana.

Comment

They are not different from consulate to consulate. I am not sure when you got your B1 stamped. There are lot of scrutiny these days and the consulates are hold responsibile for any incident that happens in U.S by a visitor. That is the reason for the increased 221gs. Common muslim name could be the reason for the admin processing. If everything is clear, your visa should get approved soon.

Originally posted by Farajana View Post
                      Shervin143, Is 221g process differ from consulate to consulate? Coz in my case, I am having valid B1 from Mumbai (Got it last year Apr 2010) without any problem. But as Mumbai Consulate is closed for H and L cases, I opted for Kol consulate for my L1A. VO was really nice and even congratulated me "Your Visa is approved" and then he waited for a min and said, sorry, your visa is almost approved but we need to do more administrative processing for your case and handed over pink slip. But he stamped my 794/visa forms saying visa approved till Apr 2014. But then from window 1, they handed over my passport.

I am wondering if my muslim name is more BGC then why not that happened for my all previous visas and only now? I am actually clueless.

You have any insights on this whole 221g?

Thanks,
                      Farajana.

Comment

221g admin processing

HI
                        Greetings

I am undergoing admin processing under 221g since last 3 months. There has been no update on my case. No contact has been made with my company or lawyers as well. Please advise on how to proceed in such a situation and how long does it usually take for a case to get processed

I look forward to your response

Regards

Comment

Still Waiting - 221g pink slip

Thanks for the information on the forums. It keeps you motivated

221g pink slip at New Delhi on 12th May.
                          H1B renewal
                          Waiting for more than 80 days
                          Full time employee. Not a consultant.
                          Not a muslim name.

Don't know whats wrong or what solutions to pursue besides waiting.

Comment

still waiting

i gota pink slip from chennai consulate in june and am still waiting. i tried to contact the email address that was provided with the slip but they just said that i have to wait. i have been checking the website daily but it says pending processing.
                            i hae read in this forum that some people contacted dos. how do we do that and does that help?
                            how much more time would it take?

h1b stamping at chennai consulate in latter part of june.
                            pink slip given
                            doctor , i visited india for vacation and went for stamping of my visa.
                            non muslim name

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X