Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel outside US without H1B stamp on passport

Hi,

I recently went through some visa transfers that I do not have a stamp for on my passport.

I was on H1B visa working for Company A (was let go) and switched to O3 visa after that, after that switched to H1B, working for Company B and again changed jobs to work for Company C (on H1B again). I had a visa stamp for Company A on my passport, but do not have visa stamp for the O3 or other two H1B approvals. My current employer wants me to visit Netherlands for a business trip. I have a couple of questions regarding this :

1. Can I travel without getting the visa stamp on my passport?
    2. If I do need a visa stamp before re-entering US after my business trip, can I appear for an interview at a US Consulate in Netherlands?
    3. If I can indeed appear for an interview in Netherlands, are there any risks of visa being rejected or being put into background check category?

Many thanks and look forward to your replies!

Originally posted by abcabc01 View Post
    Hi,

I recently went through some visa transfers that I do not have a stamp for on my passport.

I was on H1B visa working for Company A (was let go) and switched to O3 visa after that, after that switched to H1B, working for Company B and again changed jobs to work for Company C (on H1B again). I had a visa stamp for Company A on my passport, but do not have visa stamp for the O3 or other two H1B approvals. My current employer wants me to visit Netherlands for a business trip. I have a couple of questions regarding this :

1. Can I travel without getting the visa stamp on my passport?
    No, you need a visa to return
    2. If I do need a visa stamp before re-entering US after my business trip, can I appear for an interview at a US Consulate in Netherlands?
    Yes
    3. If I can indeed appear for an interview in Netherlands, are there any risks of visa being rejected or being put into background check category?
    Not just because you apply in Netherlands, it can happen anywhere based on your individual situation.

Many thanks and look forward to your replies!
    See above
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply, it really helps.

I have another question - since I don't have H1B visa stamped yet, can I get a visa for travelling to Netherlands (for a business trip)?

Many thanks for your help in advance!

Comment

Your U.S visa has nothing to do with visiting Netherlands. To enter Netherlands, you need a valid visa for that country. To return back to U.S in H1B status, you need a valid H1B visa stamped.

Originally posted by abcabc01 View Post
        Thank you very much for your reply, it really helps.

I have another question - since I don't have H1B visa stamped yet, can I get a visa for travelling to Netherlands (for a business trip)?

Many thanks for your help in advance!
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X