Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Salary

Hi,

I have a rather strange issue. I'm currently on H1B visa and my company forgot that I entered US on L1 visa and while applying for H1B extension, they realized that I have almost completed 6 years of stay in US. Now I have to leave the country in 3 weeks. My companies Immigration team messed up my case.

Now I'm on a project and my client is willing to pay me US billing rate even when I go back to India, while by GC is being processed. But my company is saying that, they will pay me in Indian rupees, because as per law they cannot pay in US salary, for my VISA will expire and they cannot have me on their US pay roll. When I spoke to immigration lawyer and she clarified that, Immigration law does not mind me being payed in US dollars while in India. However they say Labour law might be an issue.

I want to know if US Labour department or law will be an issue if my company payed me US salary while in India, inspite of me not being in US and not having a valid US visa.

Kindly advice.

You need to get your lawyer and the HR to talk with each other.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

I know ppl getting paid in $ while they work from India, similar to your case, due to various reasons.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X