Applying for Blanket L1 Visa while in H1 B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for Blanket L1 Visa while in H1 B

I am holding valid H1 B visa and i am in US. I am applying for a fresh Blanket L1 B visa through Cananda. In case if Blanket L1 B visa gets denied, will i have my H1 B valid?

It totally depends on the VO. The VO may cancel the H1B when you go for the L1 stamping.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi Mam,

Just a quick clarification on the same front. So if he has a H-1 visa stamped, and then go for L-1 visa stamping, H-1 stamp can be canceled and vice-versa.

It’s just the stamp that gets canceled, and would require you to go for another stamping, if he need that H1 visa stamp.

Is my understanding correct, mam?

Thanks
      Praveena

Comment

That is correct. The petition will remain valid and if required you can get the H1B stamped again based on valid H1B petition (Provided the job still exist).

Originally posted by AnaSG View Post
        Just a quick clarification on the same front. So if he has a H-1 visa stamped, and then go for L-1 visa stamping, H-1 stamp can be canceled and vice-versa.

It’s just the stamp that gets canceled, and would require you to go for another stamping, if he need that H1 visa stamp.

Is my understanding correct?

Thanks
        Praveena
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X