Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding H1 Transfer Receipt Notice

Hi All,

I am changing my employment from comapny A to company B. Lawyers from Company B informed me that they have filed my H1 transfer petition. They infomred me that it will take 2 weeks to receive notice from USCIS after which I will be cleared to start.

My question is:

1. Is there a chance of delay in getting the receipt notice from USCIS leading to a delay in start date?

Please help! I will have to inform my current employer based on this. The current employer is very hard on the notice period duration.

Many Thanks in advance,

Vijay

There are cases where the receipt notice has taken more than 2 weeks. Normally your should received the receipt notice within 2 weeks from the documents reaching USCIS. It is advisable that you join the new employer only after a successful H1B transfer. If there is an RFE or denial, then you can get into unnecessary trouble.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi Shervin143,

Thank you for the quick reply! I requested the company for a premium processing, but they said this is their standard procedure. They are a very big company and file lots of H1 visas each year.

I will inquire again with them regarding this.

Thanks once again.

Vijay

Comment

If your current employer's petition and your corresponding I-94 is valid some time in the future, it is not required that you join the new employer at all. (Even after approval not just receipt).
        So once the new employer gets the receipt, you can quit your current job, serve 2 weeks notice or so and then join the new employer.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X