Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Date for filing PERM ??

Hello all,

Please let me know how much time is left for filing the PERM application in my case.
    My 6 year H1 visa expires on 22 Jan 2013 (based on visa)
    I landed US on Dec 14th 2006.
    Till date I have stayed out of US on vacation for 8 weeks in total.
    I know that I need to file for PERM 365 days in advance before my H1 visa expires.
    How soon do I need to file for PERM? Is it before Oct 2011 ?

Please advise.

It is 365 days before the end of your 6th year on your H1B CAP. Only the time spend in U.S in H1B (+ L1 status) counts against the 6 year limit.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Last Date for filing PERM ??

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      It is 365 days before the end of your 6th year on your H1B CAP. Only the time spend in U.S in H1B (+ L1 status) counts against the 6 year limit.
      Since my visa expires in Jan 2013 does it mean that I have to file before, Jan 2012 + 8 weeks which would be approximately, Mar 2012?

Comment

Visa is an entry doucment to U.S. You have to calculate the days based on the petition. If your 6th year end on Jan 2013, then it is advisable to file the PERM at least by Jan 2012. I wouldn't take a chance with an assumption that you will be able to successfully recapture the 8 weeks spent outside U.S. If you are able to get the extension, then you should file the PERM before March 2012.

Originally posted by latin View Post
        Since my visa expires in Jan 2013 does it mean that I have to file before, Jan 2012 + 8 weeks which would be approximately, Mar 2012?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X