Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got 221g pink slip for visa stamping

Hi all,
    i was intervied at kolkatta for H1b visa stamping.. was asked normal ques and i did answer too.. afterwards i was asked to go to another counter, where i got 221g pink slip. i was not asked to submit any docs. they returned my passport to me. if any of you is aware of this situation plz let me know that is there any problem that they returned my passport back?? and how long its going to take as i have my return ticket..

Thanks

This is not new and you are not alone. Check to below thread.

Once the admin processing is completed and if it is successful, then they will ask you to handover the passport for stamping.

No one can predict how much time it might take for a 221g to get cleared as it is case specific.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi Komal, Sorry to hear your case. Can you tell me you are a FT/ working at a client directly or working at a client via a Vendor ?

Comment

i am FT in well reputed company..does that matter??

Comment

Komal, I am in the same boat.. appeared for L1A at Kol consulate on 27th June and waiting since then after being given 221g pink form. Did you get visa?

Thanks,
          Farajana.

Comment

no not till today g to still waiting.. its going to be 2 months..

Comment

exact same case for me as well. however it happened at New Delhi Consulate in Aug. Did you get any update on your visa? how long did it take?

I am a US employee and this delay is surely gonna adversely affect my job but who cares. Such an inhumane behaviour from US embassy.

Comment

Did anybody get his/her visa ? I have the exact same case, except that my passport and I-797 was retained by the consulate with no documents asked. I am a fulltime employee of a reputed company.

Thanks,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X