Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 visa approved but needs verification??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa approved but needs verification??

Hi,

My wife attended H4 interview @ Chennai on 07/07/2011. This was her second H4 stamping. I applied her I-539 for renewal but had to travel and her petition at USCIS is still under process. So she used my latest I-797(valid until 04/14). I am a Full-time employee at a small company.No EVVC,EVC or EC models

Questions asked(in no particular order):

1. Is your husband in US?
    Yes
    2. Can you show me your marriage certificate?
    Shown
    3. Can you show his recent pay stubs?
    Shown
    4. Is he working at Bank of America?
    No. The pay stubs were generated by BofA.
    5. Can i take a look at your I-539 petion receipt notice?
    Shown

After some deliberation and conversation with colleagues he said "You have been granted Visa and should receive your passport in about 2 weeks".
    Officer said that after some "verification" she will receive the passport.

Is there anyone in same boat? When they say two weeks, do they really mean two weeks?

I really dont understand when the VO says "Your Visa has been approved nad you will receive your passport in about two weeks after "verification"?

I interpret it as a conditional approval. But the whole process really takes a toll.

Please share similar experiences and the outcome.
    Thaks

Why are your Paystubs generated by BofA if you don't work for them? The consulate may want to verify something about this.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for your response kabkaba.
      Just like many pay stubs are generated by some companies like ADP, my pay stub is generated by paycheckrecords.com operated by BofA. The paystub had a logo of BofA just like it would for any company that generates it. My empolyer's name and address is clearly written on the stubs. Besides, all my documents given by employer are proof enough of my company's existence.

I am suspecting it to be PIMS verification, but not sure.

Comment

It can either be PIMS or an administrative processing. If it is administrative processing, then it not possible to predict when it might get cleared. Anyway, the normal processing time to get the passport delivered is about a week to 12 days. So give it a week or two before you get to any kind of conclusion.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you Shervin. It is just 3rd business day since she attended the interview. So i will wait for some more time hoping to get her passport with visa stamp.

Comment

Hi all,
            Thanks for inputs. My wife got her visa on July14. I guess i am lucky to have gt her visa on time.Reading many posts that indicate delays/221-Gs/rejections i was worried.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X