Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need urgent help as VFS asked my PP

Hi

I went for H-1 B visa stamping in February & VO kept my passport and asked some docs. I work for a big US based IT MNC. I submitted those documents & kept on waiting for my visa since then. But last month i have asked them to return my Passport as i had to travel to some other country.

However i got an email today from VFS asking me to submit my passport to nearest VFS center to process my case further . Now i had below question
    1) What this email means . Is my visa approved ???
    2) If my visa is approved then how much time they take to process my case after submiting my Passport to VFS. Actually i had only 7-10 days time in my hand before i fly to some other country & i dont want my passport to be held back with US embassy.

An early reply will be highly appreciated

Thanks

If you don't plan on using the H1 Visa immediately, you can submit your passport after you return.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

firstly congrats ... after submitting it usually takes week to 10 days ...

Comment

Thanks kabkaba for a reply. Please note that i am going to other country for 1 year. But ican extends my travel for a wee time to get H1 stamped. But is ther some risk dat US embassy can keep my pp for long OR it will be a quick process taking 1 week time. I was thinking to get atleast H1 stamped , so that i can use it later .

Thanks

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
        If you don't plan on using the H1 Visa immediately, you can submit your passport after you return.

Comment

It is very hard to predict. If there is no more administrative processing, then you should get your passport back with the visa stamping soon (1-2 weeks from the date of submitting to VFS). Since they are asking for your passport, it looks like your admin process is completed and they want to issue you the visa.

Originally posted by HASAFARH353 View Post
          Thanks kabkaba for a reply. Please note that i am going to other country for 1 year. But ican extends my travel for a wee time to get H1 stamped. But is ther some risk dat US embassy can keep my pp for long OR it will be a quick process taking 1 week time. I was thinking to get atleast H1 stamped , so that i can use it later .

Thanks
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

passport return

plesae response once u get the passport,how many does it took to get back.I am on the same boat ,want to fly and passport is with EMbassy. Any process/mailID to get passport back. Did u mailed to embassy to return passport please share maildi,any response from them,how long the process
            Last edited by plaho; 07-16-2011, 10:47 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X