H1B Visa - Company Name/ WAC No change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa - Company Name/ WAC No change

I got my H1B visa stamped on 22-Feb-2011 and I traveled to US on 16-July-2011. At the port of Entry, Officers figured out the company name/ WAC number printed on my Visa are different from I-797 petition. Based on the I-797 petition they updated the company name/WAC no in my I-94 form.

They advised to check with the US Consulate Chennai whether they can reissue Visa or some document work is sufficient.

Can you guys let me know the procedure to update the details in my Visa.

BJ

Usually this is never an issue. As long as you have a valid H1B visa, you are allowed to enter U.S with the new approval notice. Lot of people have entered U.S with the visa from the old employer but with the approval notice from the new employer. If you are already inside U.S, then there is nothing you need to do now. Whenever you go out of U.S, you can get the visa stamped with the new petition. Visa is only an entry documentv to U.S.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin for your reply. But I have 2 more questions for now.

1. My family is going for the Visa interview ( H4 ) in the first week of Aug. They are carrying the copy of my H1B Visa and new approval notice ( with employment offer letter and verification letter). Is that fine for them to through the interview or anything else required.

2. In future, if I change my current employer will it create any trouble that time.

Thanks
      BJ

Comment

1. My family is going for the Visa interview ( H4 ) in the first week of Aug. They are carrying the copy of my H1B Visa and new approval notice ( with employment offer letter and verification letter). Is that fine for them to through the interview or anything else required.
        >>> That is fine.

2. In future, if I change my current employer will it create any trouble that time.
        >>> No issues.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks a lot Shervin.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X