Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Amendment and Stamping

Case -

Presently I am in India. My H1 was filed for a customer A and I had a valid/approved H1 petition for the same. I got my Visa stamped.

Few days before traveling my project for customer A got postponed.

I was identified to travel for another project for customer B. I filed for an H1 amendment.
    My H1 amendment has been approved(new petition no.) and I will be receiving my petition soon.

Question1 - Do I have to go for stamping again ? My existing Visa is stamped and valid till 2012.

Question2 - Do the immigration authorities at the POE have a mapping between the old petition and the new petition nos?
    Note - The stamped Visa that I have at present has the old petition number on it.

Any inputs would be helpful.

Thanks.
    NM

Question1 - Do I have to go for stamping again ? My existing Visa is stamped and valid till 2012.
    >>> Not required. You can use the existing visa with the amended H1B petition.

Question2 - Do the immigration authorities at the POE have a mapping between the old petition and the new petition nos?
    Note - The stamped Visa that I have at present has the old petition number on it.
    >>> Not an issue. Carry both the approval notice with you (just in case), but show only the amended petition to the officer at the POE.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X