Notice of breach from current employer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice of breach from current employer

I have been working from past 6 months in Washington states and consultant is new Jersy who filed my H1 B.

I got a very good opportunity with some other company and when I resigned by giving notice period of one month my consultant, he sent me a notice for contract breach and asking me to pay liquidated damages incurred due to contract breach.

My contract says
    “Employee agrees not to terminate his/her employment with Company before the completion of the initial term of 12 months. In the event employee breaches this agreement, he/she agrees to pay liquidated damages to the company. After the end of initial term of 12 months if the employee is assigned to a project, then employee must give no less than 30 days written notice of termination in order to allow the company to find a qualified replacement. In the event employee fails to provide said 30 days written notice then employee will be required or otherwise wrongfully terminates this agreement during project then employee shall pay to company profit of 30 days less any notice period provided by employee”

My question is how can the liquefied damages is calculated there is no dollar amount mentioned in my contract for that and what if he asks for some un-reasonable amount. Can I challenge him for that or I am bound to pay whatever he say

Your best bet is to consult an attorney.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

seeking advice

hello all,
      Please advice

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X