Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Question

Hi All,

I got my H1 on April 14th 2011 but I havent joined in that till now due to personal reasons but planning to join on SEP 15th.

I got married recently(June 24) and now I want to apply H4 for my wife.Since I havent joined in US company yet, is it safe to send my wife for H4 or should I have wait until I get few paystubs with that company.

In H4 mandotary document list they are asking for paystubs and Tax returns of principal applicant.So I am confused..

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    Satish

Pay slips and W2 are required only when you are already in U.S working in H1B status. If you are currently outside U.S and never worked for the H1B sponsor, then these are not required. Your wife can apply for the H4 visa provided that job is still available for you and your employer is ready to send you all the required documents for stamping.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I have got my answer.Thanks a lot Shervin.

Comment

Hi Shervin,

I have one more question.

My wife has visting visa and I am thinking of taking her on this visa instead of H4 and once I get few paystubs then I would like send he back for H4 stapming(just to avoid the risk) . Is this a good Idea or do I get any problems with this approch.

Thanks,
        Satish

Comment

Every visa has a purpose. B2 is only for tourism and the person cannot stay in U.S for more than 6 months in one visit. It is advisable that you get her the H4 stamped and take her with you as a dependent rather than a visitor on B2.

Originally posted by sgandham View Post
          Hi Shervin,

I have one more question.

My wife has visting visa and I am thinking of taking her on this visa instead of H4 and once I get few paystubs then I would like send he back for H4 stapming(just to avoid the risk) . Is this a good Idea or do I get any problems with this approch.

Thanks,
          Satish
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X