Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going back to Previous employer

Hi,
    I transferred H1B from my prevoious employer A to new employer B and currently working with the new employer B. Both petitions are valid till 2013.

There is no VISA stamping on my passport for either of the emp A or B.

1. Can I go back to employer A whenever I want ?

2- can I go to canada and come back with the previous employer petition, without applying for stamping in canada. i dont have stamped visa for emp A on my pasport.

3- How do I resign from emp B ? can I resign while in USA or I have to resign when i leave the country.

Experts pls Advise.......

Thanks!

1. Can I go back to employer A whenever I want ?
    >>> If the petition is still valid and if employer A hasn't revoked the petition and if the job still exist, then you can go back to the employer. The best way to get back to employer A is to leave the country and return back on employer A petition and any valid H1B visa.

2- can I go to canada and come back with the previous employer petition, without applying for stamping in canada. i dont have stamped visa for emp A on my pasport.
    >>> As long as you have a valid H1B visa (it can be for any employer), you can go to Canada and retrun back (with employer A's petition), which will get you an I-94 associated to employer A allowing you to work for that employer.

3- How do I resign from emp B ? can I resign while in USA or I have to resign when i leave the country.
    >>> That doesn't matter. You can resign anytime.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi Shervin,
      I dont have any H1B Visa stamped on my passport fr either emp A or Emp B.

Can i go to canada & come back within a week so that i dont have to enter in stamped visa. i.e the 30 day auto validation will apply !!!

I plan to enter with petition of employer A.

Any suggestion ??????

Thanks!

Comment

Yo can and it totally depends on the officer at the POE. There are cases (search immihelp for those posts) where they have asked for a valid visa. What exactly is the reason for this trip? For such a short trip, they are not going to take your I-94 when you leave and when you re-enter you are not going to get an new I-94 (they will ask yuo to use the old one) without a valid visa. The entire trip would prove nothing if your intention was just to get a new I-94 by crossing the border.

Originally posted by lopabeh View Post
        Hi Shervin,
        I dont have any H1B Visa stamped on my passport fr either emp A or Emp B.

Can i go to canada & come back within a week so that i dont have to enter in stamped visa. i.e the 30 day auto validation will apply !!!

I plan to enter with petition of employer A.

Any suggestion ??????

Thanks!
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X