Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consulate Details

Hi ,

I am currently resident of Hyderabad and ideally would have to goto Hyderabad consulate for my visa appointment.

Having said that I am appearing for H4 visa and lawyers from my spouse's company in US recommended to me that I visit the Chennai consulate as visa officers there have dealt with applications from her company. My wife is currently employed with XYZ company which is one of the topmost companies in US and she is a full time employee there.

Is it possible for me to get an appointment in Chennai consulate and if so what reason can I state for me taking an appointment in Chennai consulate rather than the Hyderabad consulate during the Visa interview ?

Thanks and Regards
    Ravi

No reason required. You can apply at any consulate.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Re: Consulate Details

Hi Kabkaba,

Thanks for the response.

The reason I ask this is because another employee working in my wife's company is also in the process of getting H4 visa for his wife. His wife could not get appointment anywhere and had to take a appointment in Delhi consulate. When his wife attended the interview the visa officer first asked her as to why she was attending interview in Delhi when Chennai consulate was closer to her. She replied that as she did not get appointment anywhere else she had to come to Delhi.

I understand that we can take the appointment anywhere but the visa officers are still asking the question regarding the consulate change if the appoinment is scheduled in a different consulate from the base consulate.

Please let me know the best way to proceed on this.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks and Regards
      Ravi

Comment

That was the perfect answer, reasonable and true.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X