Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time H1B Stamping (other than in Home Country)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time H1B Stamping (other than in Home Country)

Greetings,

I reside in Atlanta –GA, US.

Scenario
    I reached US from my home country INDIA with Student VISA (F1) which is scheduled to expire on Dec 19, 2011. I finished my studies and started working as Software Analyst after obtaining US work permit I-797.

But as of now, though my status changed from regular student to skilled worker, I don’t have Valid Visa stamped in my passport corresponding to the work permit i.e., I-797. After completing my trip in Canada, I need to get H1B Visa stamped on my passport before returning to US.

Question #1
    Can I get my H1B Visa stamped on my passport at Canada in US Embassy? Please advise considering the fact that it is my first (ever) H1B Stamping.

Question #2
    In case of any queries or denial scenario, Can I enter back into US without any H1B stamped?

Question #3
    Can I enter back into US at least, for a short period (of something like two weeks) to wrap the things in US and travel to my home country INDIA to resolve and get the H1B Stamped?

Please advise...

Question #1
    Can I get my H1B Visa stamped on my passport at Canada in US Embassy? Please advise considering the fact that it is my first (ever) H1B Stamping.
    >>> Yes. You can get it stamped in Canada because you have completed your studies in U.S.

Question #2
    In case of any queries or denial scenario, Can I enter back into US without any H1B stamped?
    >>> No.

Question #3
    Can I enter back into US at least, for a short period (of something like two weeks) to wrap the things in US and travel to my home country INDIA to resolve and get the H1B Stamped?
    >>> No. You should be prepared to travel back to India directly from Canada.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Sharvin for your reply...

For Question1:
      Is there any written document which says i can go to Canada for H1 B stamping for the first time other than home country....

Comment

Originally posted by Sbandaru View Post
        Thanks Sharvin for your reply...

For Question1:
        Is there any written document which says i can go to Canada for H1 B stamping for the first time other than home country....
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X