Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B custom clearence question

Hi,
    I work full time in IT and am passionate about photography/film making. And am not an amateur in that too. I do have a masters degree in pro photography, and am doing a music video right now professionally.

I am visiting India this september with the intention of staying there for one month, and also have to do stamping for my new H1B.

I would like to carry all my professional photography gears including expensive camera, lenses, and other items related to film making. I can estimate the overall cost would come around $10000. And i can print purchase order/receipts from my email since most of them purchased online. And none of them are brand new, and i can call it atleast an year to 2 months before i purchased them.

Do i have to pay customs to bring those gears into india? And am going to travel back to USA anyways. Even though that depends on my stamping, i would like to know how to handle this situation if am stopped in the customs at chennai airport.

I am not at all affordable to pay customs for these items. And i heard these items not needed to pay. Most probably i will have one backpack which contains all these items and may be my tripod in the check in bag.

Any advise would be really appreciated. thanks!

hariharan

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X