Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-160 Questions

I have few questions on the DS-160

1. Have you ever been refused a us visa .

During my first stamping in chennai, i did get the 221-g , and after submitting the documents, i did get the visa stamped, is this considers a refusal or not.

2. Has anyone ever applied a immigration visa on your behalf before

I am working for X company now, before I used to work for a Y company, who did applied for my labor and 140. do I need to answer yes and mention the details of my previous consulting company.

3. Travel plan

I did booked ticket from US on Aug 24 and return on sep 14, when i put enter this information, it say date of arrival cannot be later than departure. I think it believe i am traveling from India to US, but I am traveling from US.

Please advise..

1. Have you ever been refused a us visa .

During my first stamping in chennai, i did get the 221-g , and after submitting the documents, i did get the visa stamped, is this considers a refusal or not.

>>> If the 221g got cleared later, then you can answer NO. IFthe 221g did not get cleared or you withdrew the application when it was under 221g admin processing or if the visa actually got rejected, then you have to answer YES.

2. Has anyone ever applied a immigration visa on your behalf before

I am working for X company now, before I used to work for a Y company, who did applied for my labor and 140. do I need to answer yes and mention the details of my previous consulting company.

>>> If I-140 got cleared, then you need to answer YES (Even if that employer is no longer proceeding with the GC anymore).

3. Travel plan

I did booked ticket from US on Aug 24 and return on sep 14, when i put enter this information, it say date of arrival cannot be later than departure. I think it believe i am traveling from India to US, but I am traveling from US.

>>> All questions asked in DS-160 are as of the date of the visa interview. Your trip from U.S to India now doesn't matter here. From teh date of interview when are you planning to travel to U.S and return back? That is waht you need to enter. Talk to VFS helpdesk if you have more questions on filling the DS-160.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for your answers.. Another question, which I can check with VFS helpdesk, but i want confirm if anyone else tried, i have not reached the spot where i can book the appointments, so i dont know , still is there an option we can go to vfs to collect the passport directly instead sending it by mail...

Comment

Yes, you can.

Originally posted by marmos View Post
        Thanks for your answers.. Another question, which I can check with VFS helpdesk, but i want confirm if anyone else tried, i have not reached the spot where i can book the appointments, so i dont know , still is there an option we can go to vfs to collect the passport directly instead sending it by mail...

Comment

Thanks Shervin , forgot to ask one question, I do not have any documents regarding my previous employer as he refused to give those. i have my latest 140 and labor aproved, will this be a problem ?

Comment

No issues.

Originally posted by marmos View Post
            Thanks Shervin , forgot to ask one question, I do not have any documents regarding my previous employer as he refused to give those. i have my latest 140 and labor aproved, will this be a problem ?

Comment

Labor

What if my employer just applied for the Labor.Should i say "Yes" or "No" in the DS-160 section where the ask if anyone filed for the immigrant visa?
              FYI:They applied in Sept 1st and iam going to Visa on Sept 30th

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X