H4 visa appointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa appointment

I am a resident of Andhra Pradesh. At the hyderabad consulate i went for H1B visa stamping. I got a pink 221g slip for the same. I was asked to submit my experience letter and other employer documents. I submitted and waited for 8 months. There were no updates on my application from the consulate.
    I revoked my application , by sending an email to the vfs and consulate to cancel my application as i am not interested in taking that job with the employer. It has already been more than a week that i did this. Other than the automated response from VFS I did not get any response from the consulate.Will there be any other response? Do I still need to wait?

Now I want to go for H4 visa stamping. My husband's employer's attorney suggest me to take a visa appointment at Chennai consulate. The reason for this they quote is that they believe there are more chances for the getting visa stamped at Chennai compared to Hyderabad seeing recent trend.

Considering my history is it a good idea to go to Chennai?

Being a Hyderabad resident can I go to Chennai for visa stamping?
    I am not getting the option of Chennai unless I say I am resident of Tamilnadu while booking the appointment, How to work around this?
    If I say I am resident of Tamilnadu, will it be OK?
    do I need to produce any documents? My address on the passport is that of Hyderabad? What will I tell the counselor when he questions me for the same?

Thanks a lot for your advice.

You can go to any consulate/embassy. Select andhra as state of residence and book in Chennai.
    You need to mention 221g as previous Visa denial in your DS160 form.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X