F2 to H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 to H1

I came US in H1. I was out of work June 2008 to 2009. I filed a complain against my employer in 2009 for payment related issue also. Oct 2009 my visa expired and i converted in F2 Visa. 2009 to till now, i am in F2. I want to apply for H1.
    1). Can I get H1 again? How much possibility?
    2). can i apply from consulting firm?
    3) If i will get the H1 then it should be one year or 3 year? I mean H1 is for 6 year and i already used my 3 year. As per my information, if i will change in any status, H1 status is running parallel. Is this true?
    4) Can i apply for the job? and when i will get the job, I will apply for H1.

I don't know what is the best step for me. Your response will guide me for my career. Please suggest me.

1). Can I get H1 again?
    >>> Why not?

How much possibility?
    >>> Hypothitical question. No one can predict.

2). can i apply from consulting firm?
    >>> Why not. Whether to go with a consulting form or a FTE is your choice.

3) If i will get the H1 then it should be one year or 3 year? I mean H1 is for 6 year and i already used my 3 year. As per my information, if i will change in any status, H1 status is running parallel. Is this true?
    >>> Only the time spend in U.S in H1B + L1 status counts against the 6 year period. Any time spend outside U.S or in dependent status doesn't count.

4) Can i apply for the job? and when i will get the job, I will apply for H1.
    >>> a h1B cannot be filed without a job. So YES, you need to find a job and then the employer will need to file the H1B petition. You cannot work until the COS to h1B gets approved.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X