H1B Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer

I am planning to transferring my H1B to a new company and wanted to know how soon can I start working for them? Someone told me that I can start working as soon as they mail out out the petition info to USCIS and have the fedex receipt. Is it true? Or do I need to wait till the transfer goes through (accepted) and only then I can start working for the new company? Thoughts, please? Thanks!

You can start working after receiving the receipt notice from USCIS. However, it is advisable to join them only after the transfer is successful.In case the transfer is denied and you have already started working for that employer, you will be in trouble.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you. So you mean I should apply for a transfer and keep working for the current employee and switch when the application result comes in? But technically I can work after getting the receipt notice from USCIS, right?

Comment

Right.

Originally posted by jkm2282 View Post
        Thank you. So you mean I should apply for a transfer and keep working for the current employer and switch when the application result comes in? But technically I can work after getting the receipt notice from USCIS, right?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X