Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time H1 visa stamping Mexico/ Canada

Hello,
    I came to US on an F2 visa, and then filed for a Change of Status to H1.
    I'm thinking of going to Canada/ Mexico for getting the H1 visa stamped on my passport.

I do not have any education degree from the US. I've heard that first time H1 visa stamping in Canada/ Mexico becomes difficult if one does not have a degree from US.

I have also heard that going back to my home country i.e. India for the H1 stamping, will subject me to a visa interview and there is a chance that my H1 gets rejected even if I have all the documents.

Kind advise,
    Thank you.

I came to US on an F2 visa, and then filed for a Change of Status to H1.
    I'm thinking of going to Canada/ Mexico for getting the H1 visa stamped on my passport.
    >>> Change of status stamping is not allowed in Mexico.
    https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/v...gcanadamexico/

I do not have any education degree from the US. I've heard that first time H1 visa stamping in Canada/ Mexico becomes difficult if one does not have a degree from US.
    >>> That is correct. They might ask you to go back to your home country to get the first time H1B stamped.

I have also heard that going back to my home country i.e. India for the H1 stamping, will subject me to a visa interview and there is a chance that my H1 gets rejected even if I have all the documents.
    >>> This risk is there wherevere you attend the visa interview. The same can happen in Canada too.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X