Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 - PORT OF ENTRY problems

Dear Sir

I hold H1b visa from Employer A and it expires on September 28th 2011. I am in USA now and have applied for new H1B from Employer B and it is in process.

My wife and kid hold H4 visa from Employer A with validity until September 28th 2011 and they are in India now. They never came to USA. They are expected to come to USA in last week of September 2011, i.e. a week before their visa expiration date. With one week left on their visa validity ,upon arrival in USA, will they face any problems at port of entry . Are they allowed into USA smoothly ?
    Kindly suggest me on this.

Thank you

H4-port

Bodhan,
    As of my knowledge VISA is for the port of ENTRY to US,so even 1 days prior to the expiry of the VISA they should allow anyone but since your I797 expires on September 28th 2011 through EMP A,the I94 details iam not sure,but make sure your wife carries the copy of the receipt from USCIS for the new H1 inprogress status applied through EMP B.
    This is as of my knowledge,so pls do confirm with other too

Comment

I would recommend you to advance ur family travel dates atleast by 1or 2 week , so that you have a buffer time. I know one of my friend's family had entered US with 14 days visa validity.. This is a suggestion based upon my knowledge.. pls check with some attorney as well OR check out cbp.gov site if needed call CBP check.. good luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X