Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa - admin processing - help PLZ

Hi All

My wife is my cousin and we are related to each other. Cousin marriages are very common in South India

She lived with me in US for 3 yrs and My wife went for H4 renewal yesterday and was asked stupid questions. she had all documents which were legitimate.

so after all the questions - the VO said "Cousin marriages are not allowed in the US and we have to talk to folks in DC before we make a decision on ur case..we will contact you soon."

They gave the passport back saying u can courier the passport when we say you to do so.

Has anybody went through this? No pink blue slip.
    The VO said we will contact you soon - reason being - cousin marriage.

Please help. Did anybody go thru this?

First of all, Why did your wife mention that you are cousins? Just want to know what made your interview into this weird situation.

Comment

Just curious. did the VO ask her i u were her cousin?

Comment

cousin marriage

So the questions were very normal

1. how long been married ?
        2. How many people in the wedding....
        3. and comes the question - When did u meet him first?

My wife said I knew him from childhood - we are relatives. She did not mention how we were related - but the VO asked again to explain the relationship and that is when all went wrong.

After talkin to some attorneys I think they are mostly going to reject the visa. It is under admin processing for now.

But I am posting this experience so that it will be helpful to others.

Comment

Hi,

Same thing exactly happened to my wife when she went for her interview (VO asked her how we are relatives and she answered we are Cousin Cousin's) and VO gave her a 221g with administrative processing. I got an email 2 days later asking us to submit the passport. Please do reply and thanks for your help. Please let me know what happened later to your wife and how long did it take. ?

Comment

Originally posted by schundru View Post
            Hi,

Same thing exactly happened to my wife when she went for her interview (VO asked her how we are relatives and she answered we are Cousin Cousin's) and VO gave her a 221g with administrative processing. I got an email 2 days later asking us to submit the passport. Please do reply and thanks for your help.

Same here and i got my visa and my wife got 221g with administrative process. we didnt get any email so far and its gonna be three week after our interview. Did you get email within two days after your interview? please let me what what happened
            and how long did it take?
            ?

Hi!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X