Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B stamping in India in the near future (Dismissed Class C Misdemeanor case)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamping in India in the near future (Dismissed Class C Misdemeanor case)

Need your help. I am in the US on a valid H1-B visa. I received a class C misdemeanor for shoplifting charges (it was just some groceries and I forgot to pay while on the phone. Duh!) FYI, I had already bought Diapers (much more expensive item) and then realized I still needed to do groceries. I forgot to pay (it was < $50). My fault. Anyways, the cop gave me a Class C citation (theft/shoplifting).

Here's the good news : I always maintained that I was not guilty and that it was not intentional (really). My lawyer stood by that and the prosecutor, too, decided to dismiss the case once I take a shoplifting class. I took it and got the certificate and my lawyer told me the case is now dismissed and that he already has the court dismissal papers.

My questions are :

(1) How will my H1-B visa situation get affected, especially if I go out of the US (to India) and come back? Would it pose any problems while re-entering the US? Also, when my visa expires and I try to get it renewed in India, would it pose any issues with USCIS as I'd need to fill out a form (I think it's DS160 or something like that) where one has to declare if they were arrested for anything.

(2) Is there any other documentation I need to carry (apart from this court dismissal letter) while going to the consulate for stamping?

Thank you so much for your help. Really appreciate it.
    Ankush

H1B stamping in India in the near future (Dismissed Class C Misdemeanor case)

Can you please respond to this?

Thank you so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Brynt786 View Post
      Can you please respond to this?

Thank you so much.

can you pls share your experience brynt on your stamping?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X