Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 VISA for my daughter (5 yr old) - 221 G blue form

Hi,
    Me (H1) and my family (H4 for my wife and daughter) attended the VISA interview at Chennai consulate on Aug 22, 2011. After the interview, the VO told that it was approved and would get the passports within a weeks time.

My passport and my wife's passport came on 25th of August with the VISA and my daughter's didn't come along with it. Her's came a day later on 26th of august and when I opened it I didn't see the VISA stamp on it. I immediately contacted the VFS office and they asked me to send an email to the consulate. So I had sent an email to the consulate immediately. As I didn't get any response from them for 4 days, I called them after 4 days and after confirming my email id, they told that they had received the email and would respond back. After an hour they had replied back saying that they were in the process of sending 221 G.

I received the 221 G blue slip on 8th of September and it was marked as "Your Application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision can be made. This office will contact you once this administrative processing is complete."

It is almost 4 weeks now and so far I haven't heard anything back from the consulate. I came to US leaving the family back in India as I cannot extend my vacation and need to join my duty.

Does anybody went through or going through a similar situation for H4?

Does anybody know how long it would take for the additional administrative processing to complete?

Do I have to meet the congress man or senator and will they be able to help to resolve this issue?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

It is so unfortunate to get a 221g for a 5 year old. Since each application is case dependent, it is not possible to determine when the 221g will get cleared. These days consulate is responsible for anything that goes wrong in U.S by a foreigner. So talking to a congressman usually don't have much impact. But you can certainly give it a try.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X