H1 extension - 6years continuous stay - I140 approved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 extension - 6years continuous stay - I140 approved

I came to US in November 2005 completing 6 years continuous stay in October 2012.
    Now, i had I-140 approved 5 months before i applied for H1 extension(applied this August in premium). But i got extension only up to October 2012. I did not get the extension for 3years even i had project letters with 3 years. Don't know what happen.

Do we need to complete 6 months of I140 approval before applying H1 extension to get 3 years beyond 6 years continuous stay.

Thanks.

They don't blindly approve the extension for 3 years. There have been plenty of cases where they approved the extension for 1 year or even less than that with an approved I-140. Usually the extension is granted based on the work itinerary provided by the employer. If the officer is convinced that the work will NOT go for 3 years, then the extension is not granted for 3 years in a row.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

From your reply, i figured there is no dependency on 6 months of I140 approval to get long period extension over 6 years.
      Iam doubting on my employer documentation, hence i don't see what they filed for.

Thanks.

Comment

Ask them for a copy of the I-129 filed. Did you provide the client letter stating that the project will go for 3 years? There are lot of factors which might have made the officer decide to grant the extension only for 1 year. I have seen this happening more with premium processing cases compared to the regular ones.

Originally posted by djaks111 View Post
        From your reply, i figured there is no dependency on 6 months of I140 approval to get long period extension over 6 years.
        Iam doubting on my employer documentation, hence i don't see what they filed for.

Thanks.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi shervin,
          Thanks for the reply.
          Yes, i submitted client project letters and also vendor letters for 3 years.
          Yes, I did filed the extension in premium.

I will ask I-129 copy from my employer.
          Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X