X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD Denied -- L2 to H1B - Question

Hi, Seniors

I am struck with my L2 EAD (it was denied). My question is

Is it possible for Consultancies to change my status from L2 to H-1B with 2011 H1 Cap, if I provide them Offer Letter with some employer that starts after 2 months from now?

Or do the Consultancies only file for the people who started working on L2 EAD?

Please provide the suggestions so that I can ask somebody to file for H-1B for me. L1 company may laid-off any time and we are in deep sea now.

Thank you in Advance
    Kiran

If you are qualified for an H1B, then any company can file a COS from L2 to H1B and when that gets approved, you can start working. The CAP is still open. It is advisable to file the petition in premium processing which will get you a result within 15 days and you can start working immediately upon receiving the approval notice as of the effective date printed in the petition.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you very much servin143.

You mentioned,
      If you are qualified for an H1B, then any company can file a COS from L2 to H1B

That means education qualifications or do we need a project on hand to file H1B?

And also Can you throw some light on Client letter between H1 Company and end client?

Thank you,
      Kiran
      Last edited by l1btol1a; 10-02-2011, 09:36 PM.

Comment

If your company is a consultancy company, then of course they need to provide the client letter. Without justifying the job, H1B will not get approved even if you have the required qualification. If the company that is sponsoring is not a consultancy company, then they can apply the H1B petition by providing the work itinerary for the period of H1B time frame requested.

Originally posted by l1btol1a View Post
        Thank you very much servin143.

You mentioned,
        If you are qualified for an H1B, then any company can file a COS from L2 to H1B

That means education qualifications or do we need a project on hand to file H1B?

And also Can you throw some light on Client letter between H1 Company and end client?

Thank you,
        Kiran
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X