Question on I-140 and H1 extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on I-140 and H1 extension

My I-140 (EB2) was approved on Sep 23,2011. My H1B maxes out in about 5 months (Mar 18, 2012), hence I need to apply for its extension.

Meanwhile, I may have to relocate to another state in the next 3-4 weeks but will be working with my current employer for the same client on the same project.

I had the following questions related to my H1B extension:

1. Will the address change (after relocating to another state) have any impact on my approved I-140 ?
    2. Is it recommend applying for the H1 extension (premium) from my current location, or should I wait until I move to the new location. Which option presents the least amount of risk?
    3. If i go with the first option, do I need to amend my LCA once i reach the new location ?
    4. If i cant file my H1 in time before moving to new location, will it be fine to file the H1 extension from the new location

Awaiting a response.

1. Will the address change (after relocating to another state) have any impact on my approved I-140 ?
    >>> No.

2. Is it recommend applying for the H1 extension (premium) from my current location, or should I wait until I move to the new location. Which option presents the least amount of risk?
    >>> iF you file the extension based on the current location and then you move to a new one, then a H1B amendment need to be filed. So it is advisable that you move and then file the H1B extension based with the new address.

3. If i go with the first option, do I need to amend my LCA once i reach the new location ?
    >>> Yes.

4. If i cant file my H1 in time before moving to new location, will it be fine to file the H1 extension from the new location
    >>> Yes.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X