Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B admin or administrative processing or 221G info

Hello Friends,

I joined the pool of admin processing or Hold through 221G on my H1B Visa after attending my Visa interview at Hyderabad consulate on Aug 19th.

I know the admin processing time is unknown to anybody and differs case by case.

I would like to keep in touch with the folks who are currently in this situation and or cleared very recently to keep track the current time.

Please write to me at my email address [email protected]

Looking forward to keep in touch with folks undergoing this situation.

Please email me or update your email ID.

Thanks,
    Althaf

Received Passport

Hi friends,

I got my passport with Visa stamped on Nov 10 and I have attended interview with Hyd consulate on Aug 19th. It took exactly 2 months 20 days to get passport after admin processing.
    Thanks for the posts and information that gives me some confidence.

Thanks,
    Althaf

Comment

That is great !! congrats

could you pl tell us what all documents they had asked for 221g processing ?

Originally posted by althaf View Post
      Hi friends,

I got my passport with Visa stamped on Nov 10 and I have attended interview with Hyd consulate on Aug 19th. It took exactly 2 months 20 days to get passport after admin processing.
      Thanks for the posts and information that gives me some confidence.

Thanks,
      Althaf

Comment

Thank you nosiaj.

In interview VO asked nothing and gave form 221G with case number on it, She said you will get an email asking for required documents

I recieved email with in half and hour asking for more details like name, education, and about my travel and also below three:

A complete CV/resume and a complete list of publications and professional/research references. CV/resume should be submitted in text (*.txt) format. If you are retired, you MUST still include a CV/resume listing your past work and any part-time work since retirement.
        -->Provided Resume for this

A scanned copy of the invitation letter from the organization/university that you will meet or attend. The letter should be saved and sent as an Adobe Acrobat (*.pdf) file.
        -->Provided verification of employment for this

You may scan and attach supplementary material if needed, such as invitation letters, transcripts and research papers. Supplementary materials should be saved and sent as Adobe Acrobat (*.pdf) files.
        -->n/a in my case

I see many people have been asked these docs for check even though they carry at the time of interview and put in admin processing.

Hope you will also clear admin soon if you are one in the list.

Comment

221g white sheet

today i got 221g the lady VO at hyderabad consulate did not check any docs except w2 and mainly concentrated on employee-employer relation, some of the questions like how often the employer contacts me who will analyze the work on daily basis how often employer visits client place any proprietory tools of employer i am using who is providing increments/benefits/life-insurance/medical insurance, approvals for the work/development i am doing.

if you say all the above is provided by employer i think we can pass thru interview.

my case i told some will be done by employer and some by manager at client place and got a 221g

Comment

I was asked same question and got 221(g) staitng additional administrative processing required and my passport was returned and took all the documents except I797.

VO said, they will send those docuements to USCIS.
            Last edited by thatis; 02-13-2012, 09:31 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X