Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COS for approved H1

Hello,

Currently i am on L1 with company X and had applied for My H1last year through Y employer.
    However, I had requested my new employer to apply only for H1 and not for status change.

My H1 got approved in Aug-2010 for 2011 quota but without I-94 attached.

Now that I wanted to move to new employer (Y), I understand that I need to apply for amendment in order to receive new I-94 (without crossing country). I have following questions.

1. What is the procedure to apply for amendment? How much does it cost?
    2. How much time does it take to get new I-94?
    3. Do you recommend any attorney for this case?

Your answers are much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
    Last edited by nagaluru; 10-04-2011, 04:48 PM.

1. What is the procedure to apply for amendment? How much does it cost?
    >>> The procedure for filing amendment is same as filing a new I-129. The change of status need to be filed and approved for you to work in H1B status. Check the uscis.gov website for the details about the cost.

2. How much time does it take to get new I-94?
    >>> 2-3 months by normal process and 15 days by premium.

3. Do you recommend any attorney for this case?
    >>> Any immigration attorney who has filed H1B petitions in the past will do.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks shervin143.

Can I transfer this approved H1 to different employer while submitting for COS?

I did receive RFE during my H1 approval process and I had submitted documents related to inhouse project.

Is there a chance that I get RFE again? Any Guess?

Comment

Can I transfer this approved H1 to different employer while submitting for COS?
        >>> Yes, provided yo have a copy of the H1B approval notice or at least the receipt number.

I did receive RFE during my H1 approval process and I had submitted documents related to inhouse project. Is there a chance that I get RFE again? Any Guess?
        >>> That RFE was related to your previous H1B sponsor and the project. If the new employer provides all the required documents, then there won't be any RFE. So no one can predict whether you are going to receive an RFE or not.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin143. This is very useful information. But wanted to confirm once again.

As indicated, I am still on L1 with employer X has never worked for Employer Y who sponsored my H1.

So what you are saying is: It is possible to transfer my H1 (While applying for COS) to new employer even though I've never worked for Employer Y.

Which means, I will be providing my current paystubs (from L1) for documentation during my COS & Transfer....

Please confirm. THis is very critical info I need and quick response is much appreciated.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X