Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 Visa

Hi,

My husband is working for the Company A on L1-B visa and he applied for H1B through company B(it's basically a consultancy). Now the H1-B is approved. He is going to join on the Company B.

1. We heard that there are more rejections on H1-B during visa stamping in India.
    Will it (changing L1 to H1 job) cause any issues while stamping?
    2. I am working for a company in H1-B and I am going to transfer my H1 to company B. Do I go for stamping when I go and come to india? Kindly help us on this. Bit afraid on the situations.
    3. What are the advantages and disadvantages to get the Visa stamped in Canada?

1. We heard that there are more rejections on H1-B during visa stamping in India.
    Will it (changing L1 to H1 job) cause any issues while stamping?
    >>> There will not be a rejection just because you filed a COS from L1 to H1B. Will the visa get rejected because of the the consultancy company, the documents you carry, employee-employer relationship etc is no ones guess.

2. I am working for a company in H1-B and I am going to transfer my H1 to company B. Do I go for stamping when I go and come to india? Kindly help us on this. Bit afraid on the situations.
    >>> If you have a valid H1B visa in the passport (even if it is stamped with a different employer's name) on the date of your return, then you can use that to re-enter U.S with the latest approval notice. If not, you need to get the visa stamped.

3. What are the advantages and disadvantages to get the Visa stamped in Canada?
    >>> It is a little easier than India. But f the visa gets rejected, you will have to go back to India from Canada/Mexico. If they issue you a 221g and keep the passport, then you are stuck in Canada/Mexico until the 221g gets resolved or you have to withdraw the visa application to get the passport back to travel back to your home country.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you so much shervin.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X