Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question re: upcoming H1-B stamping (dismissed class C misdemeanor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question re: upcoming H1-B stamping (dismissed class C misdemeanor)

Hello. I need your help. I am in the US on a valid H1-B visa. I received a class C misdemeanor for shoplifting charges some time ago (it was just some groceries and I forgot to pay while on the phone. Duh!) FYI, I had already bought Diapers (much more expensive item) and then realized I still needed to do groceries. I forgot to pay (it was < $50). My fault. Anyways, the cop gave me a Class C citation (theft/shoplifting).

Here's the good news : I always maintained that I was not guilty and that it was not intentional (really). My lawyer stood by that and the prosecutor, too, decided to dismiss the case once I take a shoplifting class. I took it and got the certificate and my lawyer told me the case is now dismissed and that he already has the court dismissal papers.

My questions are :

(1) How will my H1-B visa situation get affected, especially if I go out of the US (to India) and come back? Would it pose any problems while re-entering the US? Also, when my visa expires and I try to get it renewed in India, would it pose any issues with USCIS as I'd need to fill out a form (I think it's DS160 or something like that) where one has to declare if they were arrested for anything.

(2) Is there any other documentation I need to carry (apart from this court dismissal letter) while going to the consulate for stamping or at POE in the US?

Thank you so much for your help. Really appreciate it.
    Ankush

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X